Thursday, October 27, 2005

Back in the swing of things?

I had a ton of fun last night at Knoxville when Jenn and I went swing dancing. We got to dance with a lot of other people during the social dance. Jenn enjoyed dancing with others and following different leads while I got to partner up with differing follows and I feel like I'm getting back into the groove. The one thing that stood out last night was me leading a guy. I've never danced with a guy and he was trying to be goofy when he asked. It was sort of weird at first but I got over it. Jenn was laughing her butt off when she saw us dancing. I like dancing with Jenn because she has rhythm and relatively easy to lead. Plus, I know her so that makes me more comfortable to get close and try new things. Boy, I've been missing out. I hope we get to go back soon.

Onto other news, the presentation went well today. I felt like I talked too fast but my mentor said that I was fine and exceeded his expectations. He was, in short, very happy. Jenn pointed out one thing that I can work on. I remember having my hands in my pockets too much. I need to fix that when I talk to a crowd next. I was not nervous at all and I had rehearsed the presentation just once with my mentor. I guess I surprised myself too. The other talks were interesting as well.

I have homework to finish tonight. That's something I am not too excited about. I also need to study for the GRE. I need to write emails to grad professors. I need to do quite a bit. Hopefully they will get all done before the weekend is done.


[Listening to: Sister Don't Cry - Collective Soul - Hints Allegations and Things Left Unsaid [Atlantic] (4:02)]

[Listening to: Different But The Same - Ben Kweller - On My Way (5:01)]

No comments: