Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Unknown cause of anxiety

The past couple of days, I've felt ansy and anxious. At first, it was hard to isolate the cause of this angst. It could be me missing some of the closest people to my heart, or the impending deadlines for graduate school, or the paper and poster due at the end of this semester about my research here. I usually had a great stress busting mechanism like playing racquetball, swing dancing, or just napping. I don't have many of those options now. Jenn and I practiced swing a lot but now both of us are getting busier as the semester is coming to an end, and we haven't done swing dancing in a while. There is no racquetball here to whack the ball to help vent frustration. Since I work all day, I can't nap in the afternoon. If I napped after a certain point, it's really hard to fall asleep in the night. Maybe, I haven't gotten enough sleep the last few days. I guess I need more than 6-7 hours of sleep.

I have been preoccupied with things that have to get accomplished in the next couple of weeks. When I have things floating in my head, I tend not to talk very much. It would seem rude, but I don't mean to be. I've had to react passively to stress as active attack is no longer viable.

I sure I feel better and happy soon. If I make enough progress, I just might. Noble aspirations!


Tags: Life


[Listening to: Amphetamines - Eve 6 - Horrorscope (2:46)]

No comments: