Saturday, November 26, 2005

Time for thanks and gluttony

Wow! It's been a while since I've done a personal update. Last weekend was wonderful. I got to spend a lot of time with Jenn. We went to a dressy jazz concert of Preservation Hall Jazz Ensemble from New Orleans. It was pretty darn good. They were an all-black band who played tons of moderate beat swing music. I was extremely happy that they called for people to dance to their last song. Jenn and I broke into swing and it was so much of fun. People were watching us as usual. I love it when people watch and are amazed to see youth into swing dancing. Sunday night, we went to a piano and viola concert. I don't really listen to classical music however I enjoyed this gig. It had one light piece and rest of it being dark and somber. Jenn was surprised that I actually liked the music. I recently found the string quartet's tribute to Cold Play, Evanescence, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Nine Inch Nails. I love Cold Play's tribute! I might put a song up for taste.

My mentor was gone all last week. So, I was able to experiment independently. Everything went peachy till the last day last sample. I forgot to turn off one of the vacuum valves while venting almost killing the most expensive motor in the whole equipment. He emailed back today saying that it was a close call but the motor is alright. You can't imagine how scared shitless I was! If that had actually broken, it couldn't have been fixed for two months or more essentially killing the rest of the days I've left at ORNL

The past few days at Callie's has been great! Apart from the initial scare of being unable to find my keys, I'e had a lot of fun so far. We met Callie's best friend, ate tons of great thanksgiving food, watched a few movies, ate at a multicuisine restaraunt and an Indian restaraunt. I've had my fill of wonderful food that made up for the whole semester. I watched Crash last night. It was one of the most intricately assembled movie I've ever seen. It left me breathless. I can see why it was so critically acclaimed. I recommend watching it. It's racism and social hierarchy at it's most vibrant pinnacle. And to provide cosmic balance, we watched Just Friends. It was incredibly dumb yet funny at the same time. I had a tight stomach from laughing so hard.

I'm sad that this break is almost over. Next couple of weeks is going to be hell because I have a lot to accomplish.


Tags: Life


[Listening to: Three Days - Jane's Addiction - Ritual De Lo Habitual (10:48)]

No comments: