Monday, March 06, 2006

A stroll in Arlington, VA

Today's main attraction was the Arlington National Cemetery. We actually used the Metro to get there because we figured it would too far to walk. And I can't tell you how good a decision that turned out to be. We had grossly underestimated the amount of walking involved at the cemetery. We saw some important people in history burried there along with the Challenger and Columbia shuttle explosion victims. I liked the Kennedy memorial with some quotes standing out to me especially the one that goes, "Ask not what you country can do for you, but .."

After that, we took the metro and went exploring for neighbourhoods that Jessi had shortlisted as possible places she wanted to stay at. We were discussing about moving to DC, as UMD looks like a great option so far.. However, I still have a long way to go before I make my final decision. Okay, I need to stop digressing. After that we visited the Union station mall and Dupont circle. We walked off on of the spokes, and browsed some of the local stores. They have some great stores here. I'm sure I'll love living in this vibrant region of the country.

Food for the day was Thai at Clarendon, VA. It was really good and given a large serving for lunch. I just barely polished my Pad Thai off.

And that's it for today. Tomorrow is an early day and I have to sleep early tonight to get enough sleep.

Phir Milenge!


Tags: Life


[Listening to: Jumpin' East Of Java - Brian Setzer Orchestra - Vavoom! (3:01)]

No comments: