Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The balls of my feet hurt?!

One of the good things to come out of this trip is all the exercise we are getting by walking. We got out early to utitlize the docent-guided tours of the National Air and Space Museum. It was an hour and some walk to get there. And then, we learnt about the Wright brothers, and further innovations in aviation and space travel. I walked around a little bit more after lunch, looking at the Universe and Earth exhibit. For some reason, I remember the museum beoing larger as a child. I guess I was half the size then ;). I found a couple of totally random things at the museum store.

Then, we hit the Hirshorn Museum and Sculpture Garden which was a fascinating insight into photography (Hiroshi Sugimoto) and modern contemporary art. You should definitely visit Sugimoto's link that I listed to check out his work. I really like his Chrysler Building blur. They are truly thought provoking. There were also a couple of very odd videos. One with tops, and one in an apartment. I like photography, art that has logic and geometry, and Impressionist art. I don't particularly enjoy weird modern art because I don't know how to appreciate it.

Walking makes us really hungry because it works up an appetite. So, as we we hunting for another unique restaraunt in downtown DC, we hit a few stores. We then came upon a pizzeria (Bertucci Brick Oven Pizzeria: Google Maps) that Jessi had noticed before, and decided to eat there. The pizza (Italian version of meat-lover's) and a couple of glasses of Pinot Grigio was delectable. I haven't had decent pizzas for a long time and this appeased that desire.

I have no idea how much we walked today, but I bet it was 7+ miles. We got back completely pooped and still found the wireless non-functional. So, we went to a Starbucks to check email and do all those things we do ;). Jessi watched her first episode of Related, which she really liked. So, we may watch some more when we get back to Coe.

It's 11 am and I am going to sleep because we have to wake up at 6 am tomorrow. So, another long day!

PS: I just realized how much of a liberal Jessi is, and I am a pretty conservative Moderate (if there is such a thing) when it came to financial/economic policies. I love playing Devil's Advocate to get her worked up. Debating is so much of fun. Today, it was Walmart, and abortions..


Tags: Life


[Listening to: I've Got You Under My Skin - Frank Sinatra - Frank Sinatra: The Best Of The Capitol Years (3:46)]

2 comments:

Greeneyes said...

Hello
I guess you are finished your room? your out walking till your feet hurt and what about MY room???????? just like a guy !LOL hope your having a great time.
Greeneyes

Unknown said...

I am! It's been wonderful so far. I got to see all the sights and visit one of my grad schools. A lot of fun and productiveness!