Sunday, May 01, 2005

This has been a pretty crappy day. The sole high point of the day was the dinner at Dr. Burke's house. I had fun there talking to Kirby and the rest. Good food, a couple of portions of wine and a beer.

I had been working on my paper for honors all day. I had to go through the books I borrowed from the library and decided to work on Classical The Dying Niobid and Hellenistic Aphrodite of Cnidus. I guess I will be concentrating on the exploitation of women in both the era depicted by the manner of the portrayal in sculpture. I found almost no sources about the Dying Niobid which was very weird. But I talked to Dr. Burke for a bit and I think it gave me a decent think-start to the paper. All I have to do is remember my conversation tomorrow morning when I get a written start to the paper.

I thought the top of the five would have served as a stress buster but I didn't have any fun there. This is the first time this has happened there. I just wanted to leave and go back to school by walk. I didn't dance very well when I was dancing either which was weird. I guess I was just too tired or bummed out or tense. I don't know what was wrong..

Tomorrow and the next couple of days are going to be really long. It's going to be painful to get through. *sigh*

I think I just need a change of scene. Makes me happy I'm going to Oakridge next semester. I can start with a clean slate. Things are going to be so different. I will be missing a few people a LOT. Atleast some of them can call me for free. I know I might be doing quite a bit of phone conversations if there isn't much to do at Oakridge..

ok, I think I need to sleep now.

Shubho Ratri (good night in Bengali)

[Listening to: A Fond Farewell - Ari Hest - Someone To Tell (4:22)]

No comments: