Saturday, June 07, 2003

Its been a while since I've blogged, but then it probably is because nothing exciting has happened this past week. I have been in Peterson from 9 to 5 everyday. But that doesnt mean that I have been doing much because I have been reading up on this method more than actually doing something. I know there is no use being restless about this because Doc knows what he is doing, but I don't know how he woudl gauge if I am ready if I am not doing much. Until he thinks I am ready, I won't be paid! Its been 40 hours of free work already, and I would really like to start earning money that I can spend during the summer here. While doing research, I am getting to know a lot of people working there as well. Scott (Im his gopher) told me a bit about himself, he has a totally different life than me for sure, he has a daughter.. I am also getting to know Sara and Beth much better now. And the evenings after research have been passing really quickly. and days have been ending rather quickly around 11.30 because Kit needs absolute silence while sleeping, so no chatting once he gets into the bed. But it is fine I think, I get more rest this way. This weekend was fine. Kit left for home after research and I went to a party in the evening. It was a good release for the week. Six pack of Smirnoff was enough to get me a little buzz, and I talked to some people here (this was a sit-drink-talk-play party, not the dance involved ones I normally go to). During this, me and Sara went out for some fresh air, she told me a bit more about herself and I opened up more (probably due to the buzzing) talking about past experiences at Coe. She is a great girl, Marty's real lucky I'd say, intelligent, perky and ambitious..I also met Katie, one of the Upper Bound counselors from UNI, it nice to meet new people from outside Coe. I know just one person outside Coe and I have been trying to talk to her forever, I don't know what the deal is. And after the party when I got back to my room, I was real happy I could get on my loft to sleep, helluva lot better than sleeping on the floor..

Sunday, me and Ben went for a ride around the city first to search for a place to eat and then garage sale hopping, it was definitely fun. And then we ended up watching another movie in the night. The night before I watched 3 movies including one with Jenna. I wish we had more time to hang out but oh well.. So overall, a good weekend I'd say..

No comments: