Monday, February 27, 2006

Topology ain't my cup of tea

So, I spent all of today working on my 12 question take home midterm test in Topology. Thereby, I am completely wiped and devoid of free flowing thought. I only got 6-7 questions done. I don't know what to do about this class. It tires me out. It would be worth it if I understood all of it. But I don't. And then end up feeling stupid.

Apart from that, this weekend sped by. I bought an upgraded 1.5 Mbps line for $56 for the rest of the semester. So, I can download at will. Now, I can put movies, and music online whenever I feel like. We went dancing Saturday night, and that was fun. It was good to dance with Kiks and feel that arm tension ;). We even got a couple of cherry bombs in.

Okay, so I guess Friday was the best Friday ever! It was the single happiest Friday as far as I can remember. Practically unblemished. Why you ask? Because I called grad schools to get an update because I was sick of waiting. So, University of Maryland (UMD) and North Carolina State University (NCSU) have accepted me. They haven't decided about the financial matters yet, but they were working on that. I am going to UMD's open house on March 10 because I will be in the neighborhood. Stanford sent me an official rejection. I have no idea what else I could have done to get into that school. I have good grades, lots of research experience, diverse involvement, tons of leadership skills. Anyway, I suppose they could have had too many Indians this year. Or something else. Northwestern is making its final decision this week. I have a nagging feeling that I did not get in. Oh well! I still have to hear back from UPenn, Brown, and Vanderbilt. I'll call them this week too. I am happy now. At least I know for sure, I am going some place.

And who knows, I may get to meet Jenn while in DC because she will be at University of Delaware for her open house. She wants me to go to her. We'll see if that actually happens because Jessi is going to be with me and I don't know if I can make it down there.. Although, it would be wonderful if I got to see her again.

Brain dead me is not a fun me. I can't wait for Spring break!

I leave you with Extreme Yoyoing (YouTube).


Tags: Life, Videos


[Listening to: Trouble - The String Quartet - The String Quartet Tribute to Coldplay (4:56)]

No comments: