Thursday, February 03, 2005

what a start to the semester!

I can't believe how quick and busy this semester's going to be. I don't think I've done so much of homework everyday. Actually, I'm motivated to complete them for the most part too. Complex Analysis hasn't been too hard so far. Materials physics/chem does look interesting and will be helpful in the future. Quantum is going to kick ass. This class is all math, holy crap! And we haven't even reached the complicated part yet. We have been dealing with basic quantum mechanics questions. I am scared! This honors class is the style and transistions in the Graeco-Roman period with everything dealing with history, art, literature. I have never had something like this and it has been really good so far. I find these topics fascinating. Well, I have a test in Quantum and Materials tomorrow. And one on complex analysis on next monday and a paper in honors next week too.
              Andi and I have been spending a lot of time perusing swing clips that I downloaded from various websites, picking up moves. I have been recording us with my camera and we have about 27 clips. We finally got to practice a few moves at the racquet centre and string them together. Our schedules don't match up sometimes so it's hard picking a time to do this. Like today, I have a couple of tests to study for and I'm not sure if I will be done studying or can take a break to practice swing at 9 tonight.. I really want to but sometimes things come up. I guess I'll try to study a lot before that.. We will be doing some pretty hairy aerials and that's exciting! I hope we can get stuff put together and ready before the banquet. We probably will catch most of our swing group by surprise when they see the things we picked up. You know, I really want to teach these moves to the rest of the group but they have such short attention span at times that it is annoying to teach them anything. So, Andi and I talked about it last night and we decided that we didn't know if they are interested in learning. We also want to teach the faculty/staff to swing if they would like to learn. We don't know if we can do that either. However, the Top of the Five was pretty cool last saturday. It was just Kiki, Andy, Sarah, Chelsea and I but we had four people from Cornell's swing group too. That was fun because I actually danced with the Cornell girls. One of them infact asked me to dance!
            It's unfortunate that me being really busy and then swing dancing is taking time away from other people. Britta told me that she wasn't seeing me much because I am apparently swing dancing when I'm free and she comes up to see me in the night.. It is true that swing is taking up a lot of time now because we have to get stuff together for the International Club Banquet. Things should free up past that. Also, physical exercize is also taking up a couple of hours in the afternoon that I normally I would have free. But I need that time to get fit. I have been playing racquetball(RB) from 2 to 3 pm. I then go to the Fitness Centre and run a couple of miles on the treadmill and do weights for half an hour. And then I have been practising swing with Andi till dinner. So, my afternoons are completely booked. I have been soo busy that I haven't been able to call any of my friends/family outside Coe. I haven't talked to Doll and mammi for ever. I usually call them in the night but I am usually around people and then I'm too tired to talk because I want to go to bed so that I get enough sleep before my 8 am class. I have been rather tired by the end of the night. Probably due to the workout and RB. The last few weekends have been really good because we had parties on friday and swing at the Five on saturday. Although that does swipe us out but it's fun!
            I need to modify how I behave at times. I can be such a bitch! Komal's harsh truth about the reality of things is hard to hear but I know she's right..And I need to talk to Amanda. That is really bothering me how we haven't talked all this semester. I must find out if I have done something to offend her because I like her and she is a really good friend. Matt's cool with me but Amanda seems off.. It is bothering me a lot!

[Listening to: Temptation - Semisonic - Great Divide (3:38)]

No comments: