Tuesday, December 30, 2003

hey hot stuff!

Great job on your finals!! Im really happy that you got fantastic grades. I was sure you�d do well, we just don�t have that much of confidence on ourselves. Well, I don�t know my grades yet. I think a copy will be sent to my mailbox at school and one copy to home at nigeria. I really don�t know how I�ve done, I took my finals so quickly it could have gone either way. I expect a treat for the grades when I get back, jus kidding (hmm..maybe not..). Ready to tackle a new semester, eh?

My family left for home last night. It was good that there were no tears at this farewell for 6 months. Mum usually cries at these situations. I think she is getting used to the idea of her kids being away from home. Atleast my brother gone home for a month. He has a 2-month winter break from school. Next semester will be his last, hez a senior in high school. After the wedding, my father and brother have been working non stop to finish applications to american and canadian universities. Hez applied to some pretty good schools. I hope he has enough to get into them with substantial financial aid. Its been really foggy in Delhi ever since I�ve been here. My parent�s flight was delayed by about an hour, they were lucky, flights and trains are being cancelled due to the weather conditions. Im praying for fair weather when I travel.

After my parents left, I accompanied my cousin�s family to a wedding reception. There was a young couple of our age group dancing well, incorporating swing moves into slow rock music. It was fun to watch that. I really missed you when there were couples dancing hand in hand. And I had the first bit of alcohol at india ever last night at the reception, just a glass of red wine. It warmed me up in the cold weather. My cousin has vodka and lime cordial (I think its sort of a juice concentrate). I had a sip of that, its pretty good, sweet. And they had a couple of Russian Belle dancers perform at the reception. That�s extremely progressive for india, mind you.

Apart from that, I am going to my father� brother�s place again tomorrow. I just have to pack tonight. Some stuff in hyderabad has fallen through. Bhavya doesn�t have Jan 2 and 3 off and she can�t take them off too plus her car might not be ready to pick me up from the airport. Although, I have finally established contact with some of my school friends, so I should be seeing them at some point. Everyone here has a cell phone! Which is good for me because I can contact them by text messaging. I will be living with my uncle for the most part. I just heard that his business is doing really well. He just got a new car, office and apartment! I just have to buy something for my cousin brother before I get there.

Are you getting on at AIM at all nowadays? And oh, I definetly have to start working out to lose all the weight I�ve gained here! I think I might start running with you when I get there. It�s a good thing that I have pictures here. I see the photos atleast once in a couple of days, smile while doing that. By the way, my family and cousins think you are postively gorgeous! The cousin who just got married is very jealous apparently, she wants me to send her a dress like that you were wearing at homecoming. I don�t know how everyone here knows because I certainly didn�t tell them. I have been teased incessantly about you. And I just saw the pictures in which my female cousins were wearing the tops I sent them. They are looking fabulous in them! I remember them telling me that they liked them, at that time I thought they were just being nice, I realize now they actually did like them. They wear them at parties.

I can�t wait to get back and see you. I reaaaalllllyyyy miss you!

Tonnes of you know what!

Joy

PS: got another haircut. i look saner. cost: $0.80! lol!

No comments: