- A Chinese-American surgeon, living in Manhattan, is shocked when her single mother shows up on her doorstep pregnant. To help her mom save face and avoid the taboo in the Chinese community of an unmarried woman pregnant, the doctor helps her mom find Mr.
- Web site Paul's tips has posted 6 steps for learning difficult subjects in as little time as possible.
Paul's method suggests a sort of information overload at the beginning, followed by taking a few steps back, getting a little feedback, then over
- The ever-useful wikiHow has posted a how to detailing the finer points of taking good lecture notes, splitting the process into what you need to do before, during, and after the lecture to be prepared and capture the "perfect" notes.
- The Google Operating System blog offers a simple hack that allows you to listen to Pandora from inside Winamp.
The method requires that you replace a line in a .ini file in your Winamp plugins folder, but the post is detailed enough that this is very e
- Democratic and Republican politicians on Thursday both promised to enact new federal laws by the end of the year that would restrict some commercial uses of Social Security numbers, which are often implicated in identity fraud cases.
- A proposed law banning social networks from computers in schools and libraries could block access to a huge slice of the Net -- without protecting kids
The campaign to crowd out predators from MySpace.com is gathering steam in Washington. House of Repr
- cnet-declan writes "Politicians are looking for reasons to convince citizens to vote in November, and polls say suburban parents are worried about the internet. Wednesday top House Republicans announced a bill to make 'social' Web sites unreachable from
- Throughout history, artists, inventors, writers and scientists have solved problems in their dreams. Brilliant Dreams has compiled a list of twelve famous discoveries and creativity in literature, science, music and even sports attributed to dreams.
- The dictionary will tell you a "limit" is defined as a boundary.
To many drivers it's a lower boundary. To the law it's an upper boundary.
"It's not a speed average, it's not a speed minimum, it's not a speed that 'I can do 6 or 7 more than,' it's a